Hi there friends hope everyone's well and happy.
Last week, we featured several Filipino vegetable dishes and a week before that we featured some Filipino desserts. If you missed them, try to browse back our website to check on them.
This week, we are featuring a few beef recipes so visit us often to be updated specially that Christmas and New Year holidays are just a few weeks to go. I'm sure everyone's preparing there menus and grocery list for the upcoming occasions not to mention the reunions and other get-together parties in between. You can get some ideas as to what to cook here in our blog, that we can assure you.
So, I'm starting this week's beef recipes with this very flavorful, savory, and sweet beef stew we call hamonadong baka.
When we say hamonado we refer to dishes that are simmered in pineapple juices and cooked with pineapple fruits. This dish is usually served to impress families and friends as it is truly delicious. What is great about this is that it is so simple and easy to make yet yields a very sumptuous dish that makes every meal special.
Try it and you won't regret it (smiling with a halo on top of my head)
Beef, cut into small cubes - 500 grams
Pineapple chunks - 1 small can
Pineapple syrup from the pineapple chunks
Pineapple Juice - 1 cup
Soy Sauce - 6 tbsp
Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
Black pepper, cracked
Garlic, chopped - 5 cloves
Water enough to cook the meat
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the beef, pineapple chunks, garlic, and vegetable oil. Marinade the beef in it for at least 4 hours.
2. Drain and set aside the marinade.
3. Heat the oil in a wok, toss in the garlic then the marinated beef. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour the marinade and water enough to make the liquid to reach at least an inch above the meat. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.
5. Toss in the pineapple chunks, add more water (at least a cup or just enough to cook the beef), simmer for another 60 minutes or until the beef are tender or until most of the liquids have evaporated. Do add more water as needed.
© myFresha-licious (10November2015)
DO CHECK US ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST
- myFresha-licious on Facebook
- myFresha-licious on Pinterest