Hi there again, I just got back from the Women's hospital for my daily injections. I am giddy and having a migraine right now, they're two of those many side effects of the drugs, not to mention that my tummy and legs are swollen due to the injections I receive daily. Oh well, I need to face this laptop and finish this post before I doze off :-)
As i have mentioned in my previous post, I've been busy with my home-base business. What's that you may ask. Well, I am selling baked goodies here in Qatar. Since cooking and baking have always been my passion, I decided to make profit from them. I used to bake and give them away to friends since my husband and I are not so much into eating sweets BUT we love to sweets(?!???!). So in order to feed my passion for baking I decided to sell my baked goodies starting with my Belgian chocolate brownies. You can check my products at our Sweeto-philia facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Sweetophilia . Kindly visit and like Sweeto-philia (pleeeeaasseee)
Anyway, I know I said we are not much into eating sweets, that is because of health reasons. The thing is, my husband and I, like, no, LOVE to eat desserts. In fact, he loves dark and real chocolates, he loves my chocolate cakes and cookies specially my brownies. In as much as we want to enjoy these sweet treats everyday, we can't, as these are loaded with sugar making them unhealthy and definitely, will increase our risks of contracting diabetes and other health problems related to the over consumption of sugar. Women with PCOS, like me, are supposed to limit their sugar intake. So, because of that, I've been trying to develop dessert recipes that utilizes the lowest sugar content possible.
Here is one of those I was able to document which I made months back. I lost a few delicious low sugar recipes because I wasn't able to make a draft of them :-( too bad
By the way, my cookies a bit tough and chewy, one reason is the lack of sugar since I used stevia. Another reason is my use of egg whites only (egg whites are tougheners). Next time I'll just incorporate a small amount of sugar and I will use whole eggs instead of just the egg whites. I used Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips with this recipe. At the moment, I no longer use hershey's chocolates as I was able to find a supplier of Callebaut and Cacao Barry. They make Belgian and French chocolates :-) and FYI, I use callebaut in my Belgian chocolate brownies.
LOW SUGAR ADDED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
( http://www.myfresha-licious.com/ )
All-purpose Flour - 200 g.
Stevia - 2 tsp
Brown Sugar-50 g
Salt -1 g
Baking Powder- 3 g
Egg Whites- 1/2 cup
Butter, room temp - 50 g
Vegetable Oil -1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Almonds, roasted and crushed - 1/2 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
1.Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the all-purpose flour,stevia, salt, and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar together under low speed. Slowly add the egg whites then the oil.
4. Add the dry ingredients in 2 batches and mix under medium speed until fully incorporated.
5. Throw in the almonds and chocolate chips and mix at low speed until just incorporated.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius
DO CHECK US ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST
- myFresha-licious on Facebook
- myFresha-licious on Pinterest
© myFresha-licious (28June2014)
- All photos, texts, and anything published in this site is owned by the Authors of myFresha-licious.com, unless otherwise mentioned. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO COPYING, NO REPRODUCTION OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE AUTHOR/s.