Don't be quick to judge there. I cooked this days prior to officially starting our special diet to lose weight. So please, spare me the blahs (sounding defensive)
Anyway, I cooked shrimp ukoy before and wasn't satisfied of the result because they are not what I expected them to look like (check my Filipino Shrimp Fritters). They tasted great anyway. That's the reason why I tried to cook another ukoy. I changed the recipe by adding cornstarch and baking powder. I also decided to add some vegetables. So here is the result - tada!
Now my ukoy, tasted and looked like ukoy! They were crispy and savory and lots of fun to eat during merrienda (tea / coffee break)
UKOY - SHRIMP & VEGETABLE FRITTERS
Shrimps, small - 1/2 c
Carrots, julienned - 1/2 c
Bell Pepper, julienned - 1/4 c
All Purpose Flour - 1/2 c
Cornstarch - 1/4 c
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1 whole
Garlic, minced - 5 cloves
Onion, minced - 1 small
Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
White pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Water - 1/4 c
Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
Cooking Procedure :
1. Combine together all the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, black pepper powder, white pepper powder, baking powder, and salt
2. Mix the dry ingredients with the egg and water until the texture is smooth. Add more water as needed as the texture should be thick but not too runny.
3. Add in the garlic, onions, carrots, bell pepper, and shrimps. Mix well.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan, using a big spoon, scoop a spoonful of the ukoy mixture and quickly drop it into the hot oil. Fry each side until they turn golden brown (3-5 minutes).
5. Transfer the fried ukoy on a plate lined with paper towels to remove the excess oil
5. Repeat the steps until the entire ukoy mixture is consumed.
Serve with your favorite vinegar dip.
DO CHECK US ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST
- myFresha-licious on Facebook
- myFresha-licious on Pinterest
© myFresha-licious (31March2014)