IT's already November! I realized it just now when I saw the "published on" corner of my blog. It's just a matter of 2 days and we'll be battling Manila's annoying heavy-traffic and deadly air-pollution again not to mention that my paranoia is starting to kick-in as a result of reading and watching about the latest crimes and criminal modus-operandi in Manila. Not that I am complaining but I am, am I not? I am more anxious than excited when it comes to going back to the Philippines for a vacation that is because of the rampant crimes all over the country (deep sigh) Well, we are looking forward to it. Actually, our boxes and luggage were packed for months now (hahahaha) we are just hoping to not to encounter typhoons during our vacation. We are crossing our fingers including our toes for that.
Pasta has been the "it dish" for the week in our blog and I noticed that most of the recipes I've posted were all tomato-based so I decided to cook pasta in white sauce just to break the monotony. I am not actually into eating any dish with the word "creamy" in its title, neither does my husband. We find it cloying and we usually get tired of it easily :-(. Never will you see me ordering a dish with creamy white sauce specially pasta. BUT but but, I love to cook creamy white sauces for pasta or for anything else (fish, chicken, beef, pork, name it). I just don't want to eat the resulting dish most of the time unless I have the craving for it :-) BUT but but my family and friends love my creamy pasta dishes :-)
What happened to this dish? I ate some, my husband did too. We tried finishing the dish and it took as 2 days to do so.
Anyway, noticed the picture of my pasta? I was the one who took it and it was really disappointing. I haven't really progressed in my photography-ing. I'm stuck in the point-and-shoot phase. I have to get out of it and improve, but how? That nikon DX, may be and might be, is all that I need :-) I'm not making up excuses to spend but we've been using the same canon digital camera for almost 4 yrs now. It's high time for us to upgrade and our food blog viewers deserve to see pictures pleasant to the eyes, isn't it? :-)
PENNE & SPINACH IN CREAMY-GARLICKY
Penne - 80 g.
Chicken, breast (boiled, drained, and cut into cubes) - 100 g.
Heavy Cream - 100 ml
Garlic, minced finely - 8 cloves
Rosemary leaves, dried & ground
Basil leaves, dried & ground
Mozzarella cheese, shredded - a handful or as desired
Parmesan cheese, shredded - as desired
Spinach leaves, cooked - a handful
Salt and black pepper powder to taste
Milk - 1/4 cup
1. Cook penne as per package instruction, drain and set aside.
2. Place water in a pot and bring to a boil, drop in the spinach leaves and cook for at least 2 minutes. Remove from fire. Drain the spinach and set aside.
3. Place olive oil and garlic in a pan and stir under low fire until aromatic.
4. Add in the cooked chicken and stir until the meat are almost brown. Drizzle with basil and rosemary.
5. Pour in the milk and cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
6. Once the sauce starts to thicken, add in the mozzarella cheese. Simmer for a minute or two.
7. Remove from fire and toss in the penne.
8. Serve the pasta with spinach leaves on top and drizzled with as much parmessan cheese as you like.
DO CHECK US ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST
- myFresha-licious on Facebook
- myFresha-licious on Pinterest
© myFresha-licious (02November2013)