Notice the color of my smoothie? It's green and it is so visually refreshing. This smoothie is made of one of my favorite fruit, kiwi and a wonderful herb cillantro or coriander leaves.
Did you know that one way to better sleep is eating kiwi fruit at night? According to Menshealth UK, kiwi fruits are high in serotonin which helps regulate an individuals sleep cycle. Eat two for supper to drop off 35% faster.
Here are some health facts about kiwi fruits as published asiaone. The information were shared by Zespri a producer of kiwi fruits:
1. Kiwifruit are the nutrition powerhouse of fruit
2. Kiwifruit are rich in vitamin C3. Kiwifruit are especially high in other vitamin E, Folic Acid, and Potassium compared to other fruit
4. Kiwifruit are a good source of the carotenoid lutein that helps to prevent age-related deterioration of eyesight.
5. Kiwifruit are naturally high in antioxidants (e.g. polyphenols, carotenoids) and other potentially beneficial phytochemicals including some unique enzymes.
6. Kiwifruit can help improve the function of your immune system
7. Kiwifruit helps improves repair of damaged DNA8. Kiwifruit reduces oxidative stress caused by high-fat meals
9. Reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
10. Kiwifruit help to relieve constipation
For a list of more health benefits that kiwi fruits can offer, check my previous post entitled Kiwi for Breakfast.
Here is a refreshing and healthy green smoothie you can try. The recipe makes 2 to 3 servings
Kiwi - 2 to 3 medium fruit
Cillantro leaves - a handful
Pineapple Juice (unsweetened) - 500 ml
1. Wash the cillantro well. Drain and chop.
2. Place all the ingredients in a blender and press pulse until all the ingredients are blended smoothly.
Drink up people :-)
DO CHECK US ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST
- myFresha-licious on Facebook
- myFresha-licious on Pinterest
© myFresha-licious (31May2013)