This is the 5th pork sisig recipe we posted in our blog. This is by far the most delicious of all 5 pork sisig recipes we have and I don’t need to add mayonnaise anymore :-) also, it is not greasy as some of our pork sisig and most of the pork sisig around. It is also meaty because of the pork tongue we added (It was
’s idea) Frederick
We served this during the Noche Buena. Try it for your Medya Noche
PORK SISIG FOR NOCHE BUENA
Pig face – 1 whole (ears, snout, cheeks, etc)
Pig ears – 2 pcs
Pig Tongue – 1 pc
Pig’s brain – 100 grams
Chicken Liver – 250 grams
Garlic, crushed and coarsely chopped - 15 large cloves
Red Onions, chopped = 2 large
Fried Shallots – ½ cup
Salt – ½ tsp
Red hot Chili, chopped – 3 pcs
Magi Savor liquid seasoning – to taste
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
Silver Swan Soy Sauce
Freshly squeezed calamansi Juice – 10 pcs
Garlic, crushed and minced – 5 cloves
Ground Black pepper – ¼ tsp
1. Clean and cut pig face into smaller parts then boil them including the tongue, and ears for 5 minutes in the pressure cooker (start timing it from the moment the cooker whistles). Drain and pat dry.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the boiled pork in it overnight
3. Drain pork and reserve the marinade. Roast pork until it turned brown and crispy. Chopped into small pieces (¼ x ¼ inches).
4. Put the brain in a plastic bag and seal it. Place it in a boiling water and boil it for a few minutes until the brain is no longer bloody red. Set aside.
5. Simmer at least 1 cup of the pork marinade. Adjust the taste with salt and/or calamansi juice if needed.
6. Add the chicken liver and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer it to a blender. Add the pig’s brain and puree it until you get a smooth consistency.
7. Heat the oil on a grilling pan then sauté the garlic in it until the garlic turned brown. Add the chili, salt, and half of the onion.
8. Add the chopped pork and fry for 5 minutes under medium fire. Add the shallots and continue to stir.
9. Reduce fire and mix in the pureed liver-brain mixture to the pork. Stir. Add the maggi savor liquid seasoning. Adjust the taste if needed.
10. Remove from fire and top with the rest of the chopped onions.
No need to add mayonnaise :-)
© Fresha-licious (29December 2011)