Here goes. Oh by the way, I only use canned sweetened pineapples and not the fresh pineapple fruit. I tried using fresh pineapples before and it rendered my adobo inedible. My adobo became bitter, acrid, and uneatable that even our cats never even dared touched it.
And also, the best make us of the belly and rib parts of the pork :-) Those parts have a good balance of fat and meat.
Pork, cubed – 500 g.
Pine apple in can, diced – 6 slices
Pineapple juice – 1 cup
Kikkoman soy sauce – 7 tbsp
White vinegar – 7 tbsp
Garlic, crushed and minced – 5 large cloves
Onion, sliced in ring shape- 1 large bulb
Peppercorn kernels- as desired
1. Mix all the ingredients together except for the pineapple slices and onions.
2. Marinade pork in it for at least an hour.
3. Cook in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes from the time the cooker started to whistle.
4. Remove from the pressure cooker, add the pineapple slices, and continue to simmer until the pork cubes are fork tender. Make sure the liquid has not completely evaporated. Add small amount of water if needed.
5. Add the onion slices just before you turn off the fire.
Serve it after at least an hour to allow the flavor to sip in.
Makes 4 servings . Here’s the estimated Nutritional values per serving based on the ingredients used.
|Calories : 726 kcal||Total Fat: 66.3 g.|
|Cholesterol : 90 mg.||Saturated fat : 24.16 g.|
|Protein : 15.3 g||Dietary fiber : 0.75 g.|
|Sodium : 1,652 g.||Carbohydrate : 15 g.|